Monday, September 13, 2010

Woodworking for the first time

Wood, tools and peace of paper with the table breakout. This is what I needed to start working on the arcade coffee table.

To start, I need to start marking the wood legs and the wood pieces that need to be joined with dowels.

After the markings I used a tool that was bought from Joint Genie called the JOBBER for creating dowel joints. It did a fine work as you can see in the following picture. You can also notice the tool.
The result of the joining of the wood was prefect and flushed.

After a little more than 2 hours of work, I managed to finish the outer frame of the table and I took a picture of it with my daughter standing inside it. The first thing my daughter said when she saw the table, that the table needs to be colored and if she can do it. I'll probably have to let her color something, but I know how it will turn out :).

I still don't have another picture, but I also have the bottom of the table screwed and secured.

No comments:

Post a Comment