Thursday, September 2, 2010

Wood work is fun

To create this table I will require some basic wood working experience, which I don't have. I started by checking the Internet and it seems that ask.com has most of the answers. I finally decided to buy some basic tools for wood working. For joining wood, I'm going to use the dowel joints.

The table requires some minor touches, but it is good for construction phase.

I still require wood for this, and also some cutting tools which I didn't buy. They are too expensive and I will only use them this time, well, until the next project :).

The wood will be bought from a carpenter and I will ask him to cut all the parts I need and then I will connect them and hopefully I will do a good job ;).

The top of the table is made out of pure glass with a lower black cover-up. The cover-up will be done by a good friend, that will do it for free. I will leave an opening for the LCD screen.

As you can see the idea is that the table is in fact a coffee table with no visual joysticks at all.

When the table is used for games, the front cover will be opened and the control panel will be pulled out as a drawer. on the right side you should notice a red button. This button will be illuminated. There is also another green button on the left side.

The green button is for the power-on and the red is for exiting the game.

There should also be neon lighting, but unfortunately the neon light I bought came smashed and I'm checking how to get a replacement.

It should be a good sight to see the table light up when turned on.

No comments:

Post a Comment