Friday, September 3, 2010

Do we have an agreement?

I wanted to share my thoughts with my wife regarding the table and the colors I will be using, after all, I agreed with my wife that the table will part of the furniture right? Wrong!

My wife is having second thoughts about the table and she even mentioned that I may want to take it to my work place and place it there where I can show-off my project to my friends at work. This is her way of saying: "I've changed my mind, I'm not sure I want it".

I understand her, after all the only problem with the table is that it will be heavy and we need a table that can be moved around several times a day.

We'll see what happens, I'm still going to build it and bring it home, from there we will see where it lands.

For now, I want to share the latest design of the table. I colored each side of the table with a color of the joysticks I bought (red, green, yellow and blue).

You can see that the color of the whole panel for player one is red. You should be able to notice the second player panel which is yellow.

I also placed the design for it in the download page, but you can also click here.






The second player panel has been colored yellow in respect to the typical second player joystick color which is yellow.

I also have created a decomposition of the table and measured the parts to have them prepared by a carpenter.

I decided to take no favors (at the end I will require some :) ) and go with the measures to Home-Center (it's an Israeli version of the Home-Depot) and talk to the carpenter there.
I was out of luck, the carpenter has just resigned, so no help there until they hire a new carpenter.

Luckily, my brother in law (which I truly think is a very talented person - but alas won't have the time to share my project) has a relative whose hobby is carpentry. He gave me his phone number, and I will give him a call soon and let him on the project to understand if I'm missing anything.

It seems that I will not have much time this week to meet him, we are preparing for my second child's birthday (he will be two years old) and won't have any spare time to meet the guy, so I guess it's off for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment