Sunday, September 26, 2010

Do not underestimate the power of the glue

I have decided in the last few weeks to stablize the table by using wood glue. I wasn't sure if the glue is strong, but as it turns out the glue was amazingly strong. The table is now steady as a rock. I also added corner supports to make it more stronger and steadier.

On the sides I added small wood sticks to hold a 20cm width plaque of wood. This plaque of wood will hold the LCD screen. At first I wanted to hold the LCD screen only, later it almost has everything on it. The LCD screens come with a back is ready for wall mounting with four screws for securing it. So I went to a screw shop, showed him the screws I had and asked for longer ones, and mounted the LCD on the plaque of wood. The tricky part was measuring the screws locations on the plaque of wood, after all, they are not located in the center of the screen.
I added on the back of the plaque of wood the motherboard and the I-PAC board and connected everything together while keeping everything tidy and nice. The bunch of cables on the left side of the plaque is the VGA cable. It was too long, so  I wrapped it around the wood.

The hard drive that I used was a Compact Flash memory card with a SATA adapter. I placed it on the other side of the plaque on top of the LCD screen.
Here is how it looks from inside the cabinet. Plenty of space left and I have all the equipment mounted.
Next step is mounting the power supply of the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment