Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Parents

Parents have a very important role in our lives. You all know this, but most importantly, you can ask them to use their large place (since all the kids left it, so plenty of empty rooms :)) for creating the project.

My mother agreed to this venture and I even got all the stuff there today.

Today was also a very productive day. I needed to get the wood for the table, so I went to an old (yes, very old) carpenter, which we hired once for a small job at the house, and I asked him for the wood parts. He turned me down. After all, it's not worth his time, or he didn't want to work on it. Still, it was worth the drive, he gave me a name of a wood supplier in Haifa that he might be able to help me. So I got into the car and drove there.

Indeed, he was a wood supplier, but most importantly, he provides even small amount of custom wood cuts. I came prepared with my measurements and asked him for the wood cuts.

Now I have all the wood cuts I need for creating the table, well, except for minor ones that require final measurements.

The cost? No more than 95$ for the whole table. Keep in mind I will need paint and a glass top so I'm not done yet spending money :).

I took the parts to my parents house and strait to the basement. There I had a very old table I once designed that was my work bench.

I'm now almost ready, and I hope tomorrow I will have some free time to go over to my parents house and start building the table. I estimate the building of the table in no more than 3 hours.

Oh, and by the way, the wood parts alone are rather heavy, so I agree with my wife, it will be a problem to use the table as a replacement table for the coffee table we already have in the TV section of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment