Sunday, August 15, 2010

What I...

You may download the current sketchup from here.

Note that the table is not complete and will most likely change

What I do like:
The idea that I will have a table with no visual buttons or joysticks. The table is rather compact and will fit anywhere in the house.
The table is designed for two players one on each side of the table. The idea is to configure the arcade games in coocktail mode.

What I dislike:
The size of the cabinet that will hold all the parts of the arcade is rather big, it's height is 25cm which is half of the table's height. I wish I could make it less, but I don't see how.
The table will probably be heavy, which is a little problem when we want to move it for the kids, especially for my wife, I know she will complain about it.

What I don't know:
I will need some massive wiring in the cabinet, and I need to make sure they won't interfere with the air flow.
I need to find a way to build the table with the ability to open and modify anything inside without having to remove screws.

What I really don't know:
Will someone ever read this blog? Will it help someone? Will it inspire someone to do this venture? I'm not sure, but I know I'm having fun documenting and building this arcade table.

No comments:

Post a Comment