Monday, November 8, 2010

Target: Before Christmas

I have completed the painting of the table and have the joystick panels ready and almost completely painted

A few mistakes that I made that I will have to live with. Glue must be sanded properly or the paint color won't get deep into the wood and will show on the final table. It also depends on which coloring material you use, and I chose to use the staining kind.

You can notice on the right side of the table just when the side wood is joined with the table's leg that the coloring there is poor.

I did the final gloss finishing on the table and it gave it a nice glassy like finish.

I'm happy with the result and the WAF scale did not pass the fail marker yet. My wife's comment and I quote: "It's not so bad, actually it looks ok, I guess".
I think that there is a good chance we will be enjoying this table on Christmas :).

I colored the control panels, and they didn't turn out the way I imagined, but still, I'm pleased with the results.

Coloring is messy, I'm glad I'm almost done with it. I only need to paint the other joystick panel with one more color coat and I'm done.

What's next?

  1. Put on the second door lock (I did one for the first door)
  2. Attach the panels to the table
  3. Get a glass topping
  4. Final finishing touches
  5. And the last and easy part: Software :)
I hope to be able to work on it this weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment