Monday, December 13, 2010

I have a logo for my project

Finally, the table has been brought home late at night.

The next morning I heard the tiny feet of my older daughter (5 years old) going to the living room, and then a 5 seconds pause, immediately after that she came to our room running saying that the game table is here.

My younger son, well, he gazed at the table didn't know what this new peace of furniture is until I opened the joystick panel, he simply came running pressing all buttons moving the joystick and looking all around.

That day my older daughter went to kindergarten and came back with a drawing of the table. She was so excited (so was I) that she gave it to me with a kiss as a thank you for the table.

I returned the favor and placed her picture as the boot screen LOGO of the table.
What is written above the drawing of the table is her name "Karen" in Arabic letters.

My wife gave her input on the table and indicated that it is a little bit dangerous and not tidy enough inside. Our son could try to touch something from the inside and will probably not end well.

I heeded her warning and acted accordingly.

I bought a long wire which is actually a spring covered with white plastic, a net used for keeping pests outside the house, used for windows and doors and hooks for use with the spring.

I used these material in the middle of the table to create a cage like fence for the dangerous parts and a brier for the rest so that the table will be tidy and nice.

Well, if I'm already starting to work on the table again from the inside to make it nicer, why not use the cover-up paper I bought to cover the table from the inside to make it look nice. I did just that. You can notice the cover-up paper just behind my hand in the above picture.

Final results:

Just a reminder on how it used to look before:

The table is a success. We play with it every day, my wife and daughter love it. My yonder child (the 2 year old) loves to play with the key (each control panel door has a lock), he keeps opening the control panel, turning the table on, watching the intro movie and then he keeps going into a game and leaving a game. He's still young, but he can keep doing this for hours. At leas now I know the machine is robust :).

So what's next in my posts:
  • I hope to compile a video showing off the table
  • A few words on the Solid State hard-drive I used
  • A comprehensive post of software configuration and resources you probably should know if you ever build your own Arcade Machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment